Saturday, December 19, 2015

Day Eight Hundred Sixty

My head is not cooperating with me as of late. I had a migraine from Wednesday night through Friday afternoon, which took me off guard since I can't remember the last time I've had a headache last more than a couple hours. I guess that's what sinuses and grad school tension does to you? It was unpleasant. Today I was blissfully headache free, and went to lab to work on a custom stage with a labmate...only to smash my head in to the corner of a cabinet door. Awesome. I've traded out a migraine for an angry red line and bump on the forehead. Oh well, atleast this one is less debilitating and more just annoying.

In my effort to find anything that would ease my migraine, I had my first ever facial massage. And oh my gosh it was wonderful. Chandra, you miracle worker of a masseuse, I give you credit for eliminating the final remnants of my headache. So for anyone who wants help getting rid of a headache (or just wants a lovely relaxing experience), I highly recommend Zen Well (the name of the massage therapy place). It's delightful.

Aside from my run in with the cabinet door today, the custom stage construction was successful! Now when I get back from my Christmas vacation I'll have a snazzy new stage to fabricate with. Props to my labmate Olja for spearheading the creation of this slightly ghetto looking, but very usable, stage. The boss will be pleased. And when the boss is pleased, we all live much happier lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment