Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day Five Hundred Fifty Eight

The weekend is over, and that makes me sad. It isn't even Monday yet and I already have a case of the Mondays.....that can't be a good sign. At least it was a fairly relaxing weekend, full of reading and leisurely grading and a trip to the Austin Zoo. Yay zoo! I got to feed llamas and cute little deer, so that was downright wonderful. And see leopards and lions and tigers and baby bears (oh my!), as well as some very loud birds. Very loud.

My Sunday night ended with a late jaunt to the airport to pick up my roommate. Her flight status said delayed until 10:31pm, until I refreshed the webpage at 10:00pm and saw that the status had just been updated to an arrival time of 10:01pm. Not cool, US Airways. Why you gotta give me such late notice and make me frantically run to my car in my sweatpants?

Tomorrow I teach lab. So far, the broken glassware count is already up to one (let it be noted that we've only had one week of lab...), so I'm intrigued to see what goes crashing to the floor this week. My hearing has become especially sensitive to when people whisper "oops...", so students, don't even try and hide things from me. I hear everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment