Monday, August 11, 2014

Day Three Hundred Seventy Four

Well, I've officially lived in Texas long enough to know that a storm front is coming in just by the feel of the air. I stepped outside of Welch Hall and immediately knew that lightning was in my future. Sure enough, I was treated to quite the lightning show on my drive home. It never got directly over us (thank goodness) but it certainly kept me alert. And it wasn't enough to stop me from going to the grocery store, because that's how much I wanted tacos for dinner tonight. Psh, forget you storm clouds, I need ground turkey! And it was worth it, the tacos were delicious.

This past weekend I took a mini road trip to Houston with my friend Emily to meet up with my aunts and go to a Houston Dash soccer game. It was awesome, albeit very very muggy (because Houston doesn't know any other way to behave). I also saw a number of things on the drive over that I'll have to go and explore sometime...such as the Prehistoric Adventure Park! Coming from a childhood in which Jurassic Park was watched more times then I can count, I was very excited about the potential this adventure park possesses. When it's not a bajillion degrees outside, I'm going to hang out with some dinos. Emily was equally excited about all the fresh melon stands on the side of the road. Clearly our minds were in different places. I took some photos from the game that I'll post tomorrow, so be ready to finally have another picture post! I know, it's been a while.

In other news, I have my first fantasy football draft this weekend! I say first because I'm in two leagues this year. My father and brother are so proud. Hopefully the Moonsnails will emerge victorious from at least one of them. I have a feeling the all girls league I'm joining is going to be way more cut throat then the other league. I can't wait...bring it on ladies. And if any of you take Drew Brees before I get the chance, it is war.

No comments:

Post a Comment