Friday, December 5, 2014

Day Four Hundred Ninety One

I know, it was an even more epic blog fail than I anticipated. But I'm back! I had my last class day of the semester today, which mean I had my last regular exam of the semester today. If I can pull off an A or a B on this exam, I'll hold on to a solid B in the class and not have to take the final. Cross your fingers for me, everyone!

This week has been busy and exhausting. I figured out a routine in which I can get 3 full experiments done each week (as opposed to two), and if I can convince myself to go in on Saturdays for an hour or so in the morning I could potentially get 4 done. Woohoo! Go research, go! It'd be even more exciting if things actually worked the way I wanted them to. Bah humbug. I also finished up my Christmas shopping this week by braving the mall yesterday...and it was the emptiest I've ever seen it. I was expecting massive Christmas shopping hoards, but apparently I still beat that particular crowd. Sweet! Now I just have to mail everything. UT, I wish you gave us a Christmas bonus. So, so badly.

And now, Kansas stories! I flew in on Wednesday night after a 3 hour layover in Dallas (during which I learned that DFW has an odd affinity for 90s pop music), and landed in the bustling Wichita International Airport, which is very accurately described as "a middle school with a runway." It literally looks like a grade school, it's all very confusing. During my stay in Wichita, I learned that it's pretty much what I expected it would be......flat and boring. Jeff and his roommates (Grant and Jacob - thank you guys for letting me stay with you!) kept things entertaining though. We thought about going out and doing something on Saturday, but then found out that everything in Wichita closes at 5pm on Saturdays. Seriously, Wichita? That's just absurd. So instead we ate a bunch of turkey, played lots of cards, watched lots of movies, and watched way too many episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race (a reality show competition with drag queens...I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks with that one). Guys, I had a great Thanksgiving break with all of you (especially you, big bro!), and hopefully I can come back soon and we can actually make it to the zoo in time.

Jeff and I with Grant's dog, Knox. The cutest, snuggliest scottie that ever
lived.

Jeff had to work on Thanksgiving, so Grant and I took him leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment