Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day Three Hundred Eight

Early fathers day celebration happened today with a trip to the NCAA super regional on campus where UT faced Univ of Houston for a spot in the College World Series. Aaaaand...we WON! This makes two wins in a row in this series, which advances us to the College World Series. Needless to say, the UT baseball team was cheering and jumping around after the final out, and the crowd was right behind them. It was a great game, and I'm so happy I got to share it with my dad. The only downside...it was 89 degrees at the first pitch and climbed to 93 degrees by the time the game ended. It was so hot. If it weren't for the one booth selling snow cones, I don't think I would have lasted the entire game. Bless you, snow cones.

After the game we had a family dinner at my grandpa's house. It was fun, I got to see all my aunts on my dad's side, which was wonderful - I don't see any of them nearly enough! We took some photos, but they're on my dad'a camera still, and I'm too tired to write anything more tonight anyway. I leave you with a photo from the game today.

No comments:

Post a Comment