Sunday, September 27, 2015

Day Seven Hundred Seventy Seven

Dad was in town this weekend! While it was a very brief visit (and I do mean very) we were able to pack a bunch in to a day and a half. As in we were barely even in my apartment while he was here. We went to bookstores and football games and visited various family and friends. And it was lots of fun and I'm completely exhausted by it.

Outside the alumni center by big metal Bevo.
The view from our seats (aka - the highest up seats possible. Seriously,
the very last row).


We lost an extremely close game in wildly disappointing fashion (sound familiar? Same thing happened last weekend), so I won't go into any more detail with that. Except to say I found a place that sells excellent fresh-made kettle corn. That was certainly a bonus of sitting in the blazing hot sun for 4+ hours.

Tonight, I got to see Turtle Island String Quartet live in concert, a group that I have loved since high school. They were incredible and played bluesy/ragtime music and it was so good. And then I left the concert just in time to watch the lunar eclipse complete it's full covering of the moon! It was a pretty great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment