Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day One Hundred Thirty One

Before I say anything about today, here are the photos I failed to post yesterday.
Bevo getting festive for the holidays

The name of this food truck made me laugh. Real hard.

I had an early morning today, which wasn't cool. I got to campus, then remembered that the shuttles are on a weird Finals Week schedule and took extra long to move between stops. So...I had to walk to Welch Hall, and it was a seriously chilly endeavor. I made it to group meeting on time though, thank goodness. Whenever you beat the advisor to group meeting, you know you're in good shape. I even managed to stay awake the entire time, even though I didn't get much sleep last night. Success! 

Then, it was time to get down to business and choose a song for the Chemistry Graduate Department Holiday Party/Karaoke Challenge. Um, karaoke challenge? Bring it on. Oddly enough, only the girls in my lab group were enthusiastic about this. All of the guys (including Dr. Shear) told us there was just no way they would be doing that. We're all graduate students in chemistry....I think we've passed the point of being too cool for karaoke. Oh well, Janine, Maryam, and I shouldered the burden ourselves. We ended up singing REO Speedwagon's "Keep On Loving You" wearing mustaches fashioned out of electrical tape and random accessories we found in our office. Proof is below.


I would like to introduce you to Shear Rhythm.
This is Mike. He decided not to participate, opting to cheer on his lab mates
from the audience.

Scott and Buddy from the Brodbelt Group, giving an inspired rendition
of "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen

Kudos to Maryam for whipping out some serious air guitar action when none of us were expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment