Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day One Hundred Fifty Nine

I survived my first official group meeting presentation today. It feels so good to have it behind me. It went pretty well...there were quite a few questions that I had no idea how to answer, but I figured that would happen, so at least I was somewhat prepared for my lack of knowledge. It felt great to be back on campus, it's amazing how much more settled I feel now that I have one semester of grad school behind me. Things don't seem quite so unknown anymore. Now I just have to mentally prepare myself for the upcoming semester and the return of classes, TAing, and research.

For dinner I went to a place called TNT in downtown Austin with my roommate and some of her friends. When I googled the restaurant earlier today I learned that TNT stood for Tacos and Tequila, so imagine my surprise when we got to the restaurant and it was actually extremely nice and modern. Definitely not what I was expecting from a name like that.

I took a nap in the middle of the day today. And I'm still exhausted. Stupid changing time zones! Hopefully my brain gets back on Austin time before classes start next Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment