Saturday, August 3, 2013

Austin - Day Two

Today. Was. Exhausting. It was full of shopping and painting and hot weather. This is my first time furnishing anything, so I was introduced to the world of buying bookcases and rugs and things that generally add up to a large sum of money. Costco and Target, I hope you appreciate the hard-earned cash I sent your way today. BUT, I now have a bed to sleep on (thank you mom and dad!), and a tower fan to keep me extra cool at night. Also, thank you to Louise and Bob Avant for providing us with a truck to take all these gigantic things to my new home. We didn't have any rope to tie the mattress to the truck bed with, so it was an extra exciting ride from Costco to the house (will it stay?! will it fall into the middle of the major road?!).

Then, I finally saw my Austin home for the first time. I'll have ownership of two cozy little rooms, one for the bedroom and one for an office. Since the bedroom wasn't painted yet, my parents and I whipped out the primer, rollers, and paint brushes and got to work. The fumes were intense. Color will go up tomorrow morning, then everything gets moved in tomorrow afternoon. It will be complete madness. On a bright note though, I got my key today! It was very exciting. Note the Seattle keychain. I found it at the SeaTac airport and decided that it would be perfect for my new house keys. Also, it may be the only rain I see for a long, long time.


House key!


On a final note, I learned my brother's girlfriend Krystle will be coming to Texas for a med school rotation in mid-November. Yay!!! I'm so so excited she'll be close by for a month.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment