Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day Twelve


This morning was my second practice drive to campus, and traffic was pretty much how I expected it to be at 8:30am…awful. Though it probably didn’t help that by attempting to avoid the highway I got stuck at what felt like 83 traffic lights. I got to campus in about 40 minutes, which really isn’t too bad, but it felt like way longer since I was so unfamiliar with the roads. Thank goodness for smart phone GPS. Without it, I would probably still be driving around aimlessly in downtown Austin. I can already tell that parking is going to be a total monster once school starts. I’m considering parking at a Park-and-Ride just north of campus and taking a 10-minute bus ride to my building each morning. But first I’ll see if I can find a way to get to campus at a time where parking is open somewhere. Cross your fingers for me.

As usual, a trip to campus is not complete without a visit to the Co-Op (even though we just went last week), and as usual we came out with bags full of UT goodies. I got a gym bag for $12, that way I can proudly represent my school at my new gym. We also ran across a stuffed nerd-Bevo, and while my mom initially considered waiting for it to go on sale, she eventually decided that I had to have it, which I’m pretty sure is the equivalent of her calling me a super-nerd. It’s okay though, after 4 years of walking around Saint Martin’s with goggle lines on my face, I no longer deny that it’s true.


He's pretty adorable. You can't really see it in this photo, but there's
also a pencil behind his ear/horn.

Guess what? We no longer have a hole in our kitchen wall! So exciting. But there was dust everywhere once the workmen left, so I spent a good 45 minutes dusting and vacuuming and cleaning every possible surface near the work area. I now deem the kitchen safe to eat in once again. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go to the yoga class at my new gym tonight. I forgot that my mom and I had made dinner plans with the Avant family. The evening was still lots of fun though, with delicious food, thank you Elizabeth and Colin! My first gym day will now be tomorrow. It’s possible I’ll be brave and go to a Zumba class at 6pm, but more than likely I’ll just go and use the cardio equipment. I can’t wait for my first spin class. I don’t even know why, but I’m pretty excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment