Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day Ninety

I've been living in Austin for 90 days now. Only 10 more until I'm in triple digits, which feels completely surreal. It doesn't feel like it's been that long...probably because grad school keeps me so busy that my days just start to blend together. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I sat at my desk for the first official time in Shear's lab today, and I'm still way more excited about it then is probably normal. It was quiet and secluded and provided the perfect study area for my exam. I'm still in awe that I'm finally in a lab group, it felt like I would never get here. Now all my anxiety can be shifted to maintaining the required GPA for funding, which is proving harder then I thought. Hopefully tonight's exam went better then previous ones, but I just don't know what to expect anymore.

My phone just scared the bejeezus out of me when it alerted me (with a fire alarm worthy noise) that there's going to be flooding tonight. We've had back to back to back storm cells since 7pm, and the thunder and lightening has been constantly present. But don't worry, the Blueberry is safely parked in the garage tonight. Whew! Thank goodness for small cars that fit in tiny garages.

I'm exhausted. And I still have almost an entire Physical Organic homework assignment to finish. Grad school is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment